MBBS |POST GRADUATE
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. The candidates should have passed the two years P.U.C examination conducted by the P.U Education Board, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects; or any other examination recognised as equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. OR The candidates should have passed the B.Sc examination of Bangalore University or any other statutory University provided he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than three of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology.
2. The Candidates should have secured not less than 50% of the total marks in Science subjects taken altogether at the qualifying examination & CET/COMED-K. However the OBC-3A category and SC/ST students of Karnataka are required to secure 40% of the total marks.
3. The Candidate should have completed seventeen years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
4. Foreign students desiring admission should produce:
(a) A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. (b) An eligibility Certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. (c) Student Visa. (d) Residential Certificate.
5. The Selection is based on the Common Entrance Test (C.E.T), conducted once a year by the Karnataka Government or COMED-K conducted by Consortium of Pvt Medical Colleges of Karnataka once a year for all the students from the state & country seeking admission into the course.
6. Among the total number of seats available i.e 150, 40% (60seats) will be filled by the CET examination results for the domicile of Karnataka only. 40% (60 seats) will be filled by the examination results of COMED-K Examination. Both the above admissions will be entirely on merit basis. Of the remaining 15% (22 seats) will be for the N.R.I students and others and 5% (8 seats) will be for institutional preference.
CET Seats Rs.77,500/- (per annum)
Comed-K Seats Rs.5,75,000/- (per annum)
* The Fee Structure given above is subject to change as per the government regulations
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. The candidates should have passed the M.B.B.S degree examination from a recognised Medical College affiliated to any university recognised by the MCI
2. The Candidates should have completed one year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a teaching institution recognised by the MCI.
3. The Candidates should have registered their M.B.B.S degree with the respective State Medical Council.
4. Selection of candidates for postgraduate degree / diploma courses shall be on merit basis of the rank list of the entrance examinations – PGET conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences & COMED-K
(Degree & Diploma)
* The Fee Structure given above is subject to change as per the government regulations.
The College is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka and is recognised by the Medical Council of india. The M.B.B.S Course is governed by the regulations of the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka. The duration of the course is four and half years (9 terms, each of 6 month duration) of academic Study and one year of internship.
Under these regulations, the entire course is divided into 3 phases. Candidates are admitted to the Pre-Clinical Phase(Phase-I) of one year duration (2 terms) during which they study the subjects of Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry. At the end of Phase-1, they appear for the M.B.B.S Phase-I examination of the University. After successfully completing the Pre-Clinical course, the students enter the Para-Clinical Phase (Phase-II) of one & a half year duration(3 terms), during which they mainly study Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology & Forensic Medicine. During this period, the students also learn some part of the clinical subjects. They appear for the Phase-II university examinations at the end of the one and a half years. If successful, the students enter Phase-III which is of two years duration having clinical subjects as part of the study. At the end of one year (2 terms), the student take the Phase-III(Part-1) examinations comprising of the subjects E.N.T, Ophthalmology & Community Medicine. At the end of the next one year (the last 2 terms), the student answers the Phase-III (Part-2) examinations comprising of the subjects Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics & Orthopaedics.
Clinical training in the Hospitals attached to the Institute will commence as soon as the student successfully completes Phase-I & will continue throughout Phase-II & Phase-III of the course.
The Post Graduate Degree course is of 3 years duration & the Post Graduates Diploma course is of 2 years duration.
- MD Anatomy
- MD Physiology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Pharmacology
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Community Medicine
- MD Medicine
- MD Paediatrics
- MD Dermatology
- MD Radio Diagnosis
- MD Anaesthesiology
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Emergency Medicine
- MS General Surgery
- MS O.B.G
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS E.N.T
- MS Orthopaedics
- DA (Anaesthesiology)
- DGO (O.B.G)
- DOMS (Ophthalmology)
- D.Ortho. (Orthopaedics)
- D.L.O (E.N.T)
- DMRD (Radio Diagnosis)
These courses are recognised by Medical Council of India (M.C.I) & Government of India.
For total number of Post Graduate seats in various departments click here
Clinical facilities are provided at the following hospitals and students are posted to these hospitals for training. (for both under graduate & post graduate students )
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Hospital & Research Centre, K.R Road.
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Dr.M.H Marigowda (Hosur) Road.
S.D.S Tuberculosis Sanatorium.
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Dr.M.H Marigowda (Hosur) Road.
Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College and Hospital, K.R Road.
Central Leprosorium, Magadi Road.
Government Epidemic Diseases Hospital, Old Madras Road
Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology
The Urban Health Training Centre (UHTC) is located at Parvathipura behind KIMS Hospital. Besides, the Pobbathi Maternity Home of Bangalore City Corporation is also used as an UHTC.
The three primary health centres viz., Konanakunte, K.Gollahalli and Kengeri satellite town PHC’s are attached to the Institute. The institute has a Rural health Training Centre (RHTC) at Kengeri about 12kms from Bangalore. There are facilities for Interns to stay in the Training Centre for the training programme under the Department of Community Medicine. There are two sub centres of RHTC at Mylsandra and Varahasandra respectively run in collaboration with BHEL, Govt of Karnataka. Health training facilities are also provided at the Epidemic Diseases Hospital, Old Madras Road.
For admission related query call our helpline no-
Helpline no- +91-9152898940/09514941277/09886766604